Uninstall Windows 8...

Question

• I installed Windows 8, over the top of Windows 7... when dual-boot failed, I was wondering if there is any way possible for me to revert back to windows 7... as Windows 8 doesn't come out for a while, and It's still quite buggy and cannot use all the same programs as on Windows 7....

Please Help!

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:22 PM

Answers

• It was stated clearly that the preview is not supposed for production use and that this is meant really seriously.

You need to backup your data and make a clean install of Windows 7. There is no other way to downgrade than clean install. Sure, if you had create an full-system image you might try to restore it back, but I bet that you have no such image.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:35 PM

All replies

• Have you created a back up of your windows 7?
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:23 PM
  • It was stated clearly that the preview is not supposed for production use and that this is meant really seriously.

You need to backup your data and make a clean install of Windows 7. There is no other way to downgrade than clean install. Sure, if you had create an full-system image you might try to restore it back, but I bet that you have no such image.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:35 PM
  • One it never gave me that Options to make a Back Up for the 64 Bit Version
    (2)
    But it had the Option of Booting back From win7 64 but Desktop to Win 8 Developers TAB Icons but it whipes out all sound card drivers we had in our computer systems
    and forced the Windows Defender back In My Licenced's ver of AVG and whipped out all my antivirus software  I installed the 4 .0 GB version of the windows 8 when The Download came availible to everyone .
    (3)
    But one person tells us there was NO Help files but the downloaded ver's Said there was  with a few other thing's I might be interested in and they wernt on the beta version
    (4) I have the complete recording of the Seminar right here
    (5) I had to redownload almost everything even in the upgrade Part I choosen  the Uninstall will Only work if you partitioned your Hard Drive I didn't I went from windows vista  full version to win 7 upgrade   then installed everything I needed but onlt took the Upgrade the upgread did tell me on the desk top what do I want to keep I said everything on the labtop it don't gove me that otions so i didn't install it there . this some help I got for those who need to uninstall who are preety capibile at following instrutions Microsoft should had a back up file just in case to remove cause it's now gonna turn a lot people off if the upgrade is gonna fail see they didn't tell any of this at the seminar just to get us to get and use oh what a great os version and the wonderfull things yea can yea if it was set up if the proper instructions we're given not ry at your risk./
    . Click the button for "Use recovery tools" and choose the Windows 7 installation, note the Location (C) or (D), etc.
    4. Select "Command Prompt".
    5. Prepare your keyboard to write the below 
    6. Let's Activate the primary partition, let’s start with the following commands:
    Diskpart
    Enter
    Select disk 0
    * (In-case your preferred windows is on the primary disk)
    Enter
    List partition
    Enter
    Select partition 1
    * (In-case your preferred windows is on partition 1)
    Enter
    Active
    * (That will make the selected partiation active)
    Enter
    Okay, we are done making the required partition active using... Let’s quite:
    Exit
    Enter
    7ren. Using the bootrec command, we have to fix the MBR:
    bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    Enter
    8. And now we going to use bcdedit command to restore the system's boot list but first let's backup the old bcdlist:
    bcdedit /export C:\BCDBackup
    Enter
    c:\
    Enter renboot
    cd boot
    Enter
    attrib bcd -s -h –r
    Enter
    ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.bck
    Enter
    9. Now we have to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) list on the primary drive:
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    Enter
    *** Scanning all disks for Windows installation.
    *** Please wait, since this may take a while...
    *** Successfully scanned Windows installation.
    *** Total identified WIndows Installation: 2
    *** [1] d:\Windows
    *** Add installation to boot list? Yes<Y>/No<N>/All<A>:
    Note that is the Windows 8 installation, so note the drive letter in-case you have installed Windows 8 on the local disk (D) and just write:
    N
    Enter
    Now, Bootrec will display the Windows 7 installation which will be c:\Windows
    *** [2] c:\Windows
    *** Add installation to boot list? Yes<Y>/No<N>/All<A>:
    Select this installation:
    Y
    Enter
    10. Finally, using bootrec, we shall fix the booting record to the primary disc:
    bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Enter
    PS: As always, you're on your own & Windows support in-case there is any damage occured to your MBR!
    Goodluck 
    now please don't tell me there's no help for it  and please don't Delete cause I will Post it to Face Book & Twitter
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Now why can`t Microsoft everytime they come up with a New Upgrade or system alway`s put in a back this would be more efficient to the average or new user ...
    I Like Microsoft Produts but don`t Like Develops telling us thing`s that are Not true why do you think have the users g et fed and Go take the course so we can do it our self  and why should had to go to Best Buy And Future Shop and use there systems to fix My PC  ended costing more then what the Program was you how many Buisness files I had to and rebuy cause all the back ups went with it, we also recored the step`s to put your systems back incase and have preinstall file just incase it will revert the Instillation back to previous Desktop so no damage was done as a Back up now thats Smart thinking it pays to Honist before you release the New Windows 8.
    Sure its a Little Buug but half the files they said that we`re supposto be in the Larger 64 Bit we`re not there and we`re missing  so now whos fault is it the person for wanting to try something new and have fun and Enjoy cause the last tow version we`re buggy but managible and easy to fix. to some Degree.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:05 PM