The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
accessing the website in silverlight app RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there any way of accessing the website such as "http://google.com" from my application with the button click event and extracting the site content in test block or box??
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:52 AM

All replies

• HttpWebRequest or WebClient (which is just a wrapper around HttpWebRequest).
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:00 AM
  • yes definitely i can access the site but how to draw out some selected content from that page and display in text box.? Thanks for the above reply
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Html Agility Pack is designed to do just that.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:59 PM
  • i downloaded it and adding the assembly causes the problem.Assembly is not compatible for windows phone assembly.HOW to add it?? thanks again.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:33 PM
  • i downloaded it and adding the assembly causes the problem.Assembly is not compatible for windows phone assembly.HOW to add it??thanks again.
    You need to download the source code and build a phone version. Also look in the discussions section for threads related to the phone.

Richard Woo
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:49 PM