get output in vc++ 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have build my project in vc++ 2008 but not able to get output application please tell me how to run my project

thanks

Saturday, February 2, 2013 3:57 PM

Answers

• from where can I find exe file i have checked in project folder debug folder etc but did not find at any place

how can I run exe after successful build....
    I told you in my original post:

Select "Start Without Debugging (Ctrl+F5)" or "Start Debugging (F5)" from the Debug menu.

In Debug mode, normally the generated .exe file will be in the Debug subdirectory of either the Project or the Solution directory. The location may be found in

Project Properties->Configuration Properties->General->Output Directory

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Damon Zheng Monday, February 18, 2013 12:03 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 6:08 PM

All replies

• I have build my project in vc++ 2008 but not able to get output application please tell me how to run my project
    If you have successfully built (compiled and linked) you project, then you should select "Start Without Debugging (Ctrl+F5)" or "Start Debugging (F5)" from the Debug menu.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:37 PM
  • If I understand what you are asking, if it is a console app, the output appears in a popup cmd window (you may wish to put a breakpoint or a pause() call at the end of the program to keep it from closing down as soon as the program exits).   If it's windowing application of some sort, stdout doesn't really go anywhere.   If you want to use debug output you can use something like TRACE that will go to dhe debug output window (inside visual studio), otherwise you're going to have to open a file or some io channel.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:35 PM
  • 1>ll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

it is given in output window but I have not found exe file

Sunday, February 3, 2013 6:03 AM
  • it is a win32 application build using mfc.
    Sunday, February 3, 2013 6:04 AM
  • it is given in output window but I have not found exe file
    Perhaps you are not looking in the right place. The important thing is whether Visual C++ can find the .exe file.

What happens when you do what I suggested?

Sunday, February 3, 2013 12:19 PM
  • from where can I find exe file i have checked in project folder debug folder etc but did not find at any place

Monday, February 4, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Win32 Application throught MFC ? What you mean by that . I think in your case inside your main function before main return you should use getch() function.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Monday, February 4, 2013 6:06 PM

I told you in my original post:

Select "Start Without Debugging (Ctrl+F5)" or "Start Debugging (F5)" from the Debug menu.

In Debug mode, normally the generated .exe file will be in the Debug subdirectory of either the Project or the Solution directory. The location may be found in

Project Properties->Configuration Properties->General->Output Directory

• Marked as answer by Damon Zheng Monday, February 18, 2013 12:03 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 6:08 PM
  • I think exe file is not making..........

I am not able to see output of my project just guide me in your way what steps I need to follow....

thank you

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Win32 Application using MFC.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:27 PM
  • I think exe file is not making..........

I am not able to see output of my project just guide me in your way what steps I need to follow....
    What happens if you do what I suggested?

There are many reasons you might not be able to see output. One would be that you are not looking at the monitor. You have to decribe exactly what you did and exactly what happens.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:21 PM
  • Hello,

Since you haven't responded for a few days, I temporarily mark davewilk's reply as answer. If you disagree with it, please unmark it and post your doubt. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 18, 2013 12:04 PM