none
Nesting namespace in a layer diagram is cumbersome RRS feed

• Question

• I like the feature to nest namespaces in a layer diagram. However, I believe to create them is quite cumbersome because you have to:

1. Create the layer via the context menu and change the name (enter the last part of the namespace)
    2. Associate the layer with a namespace - search the namespace in the Architecture Explorer and drag it over the layer

---

If you are interested in the layer diagram I'm talking about - you can download it here: http://waf.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=35447. Please open Writer.layerdiagram.

• Changed type jbe2277 Wednesday, November 4, 2009 9:21 PM change type
    • Changed type jbe2277 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:56 PM q
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 9:20 PM

Answers

• I am able to reproduce the problem described and I logged a bug against it.

Thank you for your feedback.

Oscar Calvo
    • Marked as answer by jbe2277 Saturday, November 14, 2009 10:50 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:32 AM

All replies

• Thank you for your feedback.

We have added the ability to drag and drop Layers onto each other. This will make it easier.
    You can drag all the namespaces from Architecture Explorer and then drag and drop on top of each other to accomodate your desired strcuture.

You will still need to rename the layers :(

Oscar Calvo
    Friday, November 6, 2009 1:44 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.

I have tried to drag all namespaces at once into the layer diagram. Architecture Explorer - Mark all namespaces - hold the SHIFT key and drag them into the layer diagram.

During dragging the designer shows me the correct number of namespaces. But it puts just the top level namespaces into the diagram.

To reproduce: Select all EmailClient.* namespaces in the Architecture Explorer and drag them into the layer diagram (don’t forget to hold the SHIFT key). Now we see only the
    - EmailClient.Presentation
    - EmailClient.Applications
    - EmailClient.Domain
    layer in the diagram. But I would have expected to see all namespace there.

Any idea?

Friday, November 6, 2009 6:37 PM
  • I am able to reproduce the problem described and I logged a bug against it.

Thank you for your feedback.

Oscar Calvo
    • Marked as answer by jbe2277 Saturday, November 14, 2009 10:50 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:32 AM