none
WebSocket Client is not able to connect to WebSocket Server with error: System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a websocket server using SHA512 algo for certificate and defined protocol is TLS1.2

Client: Client inlcudes Rfc6455

When client is trying to connect to server then error encountered is:

ERROR SecureSuperWebSocket - Session: 5822bf8c-2a96-4fdc-95f8-63104d44efb3/127.0.0.1:57607
    Unexpected error
    Caller: OnBeginInitStream, file path: d:\WorkShop\SuperSocket\v1.6\SocketEngine\AsyncStreamSocketSession.cs, line number: 245
    System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
       at SuperSocket.SocketEngine.AsyncStreamSocketSession.OnBeginInitStream(IAsyncResult result, Boolean connect)

When i checked in SSL entry in registry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Cryptography\Configuration\Local\SSL\00010003

i didn't find any entry 

RSA/SHA512 and 

ECDSA/SHA512

So when make the changes by adding these entry in registry, Connection was successfull.

Can anyone explain me this concept,why this is happening.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Nivedita_Parihar,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my research, a possible cause of the error is a mismatch between your client's configured cipher_suites values and the values that the server is configured as being willing and able to accept. In this case, the server sees that none of the provided values are acceptable.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:18 AM
  • Thanks Xingyu, for replying , but what is expected from client side, like m using websocket4net 

new WebSocket(url, " ", version: WebSocketVersion.Rfc6455,sslProtocols:System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols.Tls12);

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:41 AM
  • Hi Nivedita_Parihar,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since it is related to websocket4net, you can consider posting it in websocket4net's issues for more help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 3, 2020 8:47 AM