How automatically save a InfoPath form to SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• What I am working with:  Access 2007, Infopath 2007 and SharePoint 2007. 

My project is this.  I have an InfoPath form that submits data to an access database.  I am hosting the form on SharePoint so the users have easy access.  The issue I have is that if the users start the form and submit they can't go back to the form and make corrections.  If the users saves the form then it is added to the forms list in SharePoint and can be reopened and corrected.  Is there a way to make the saving of the form automatic?  Either with a button that will auto name and save or as part of the submitting process.

Perhaps I am looking at this wrong.  Another thought I had would be sumbit the data from the form to a SharePoint list and then link the list to the Access database. 

I am open to suggestions.  Thank you.

• Edited by NWAMike Monday, December 12, 2011 2:28 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

I personally don't use the submit button on the toolbar in forms.  I disable that.  I add my own button that uses "Rules & Custom Code" (I just use the rules typically).  Your rule can consist of actions to submit to the Access Database, and another action to submit to the SharePoint library.

I hope that helps!

Melissa

• Marked as answer by NWAMike Monday, December 12, 2011 7:10 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

I personally don't use the submit button on the toolbar in forms.  I disable that.  I add my own button that uses "Rules & Custom Code" (I just use the rules typically).  Your rule can consist of actions to submit to the Access Database, and another action to submit to the SharePoint library.

I hope that helps!

Melissa

• Marked as answer by NWAMike Monday, December 12, 2011 7:10 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Thanks Melissa.  Yes that does help.  I an very new to InfoPath and didn't realize you can have the button set like that.  I will take a look at the rules and see what I can come up with.

Mike

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:10 PM