can't find the data base RRS feed

Answers

• User-933407369 posted

hi  Sdiri,

According to your description, my understanding is that you cann’t find the data base named "SchoolContext" in the server explorer . this

tutorial http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/getting-started-with-ef-using-mvc/creating-an-entity-framework-data-model-for-an-asp-net-mvc-application , SchoolContext is not database . You create this class by deriving from the System.Data.Entity.DbContext class. In your code

you specify which entities are included in the data model. You can also customize certain Entity Framework behavior. In this project, the

class is named SchoolContext.

There's also a Web.config file is in the Views subfolder that you don't need to update.)

<add name="SchoolContext" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDb)\v11.0;Initial Catalog=ContosoUniversity;Integrated 

Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\ContosoUniversity.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> 

The “ContosoUniversity.mdf” is database which you want to find.

I hope it helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 6:02 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

This does not sound like Dynamic Data?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:13 AM
  • User-933407369 posted

hi  Sdiri,

According to your description, my understanding is that you cann’t find the data base named "SchoolContext" in the server explorer . this

tutorial http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/getting-started-with-ef-using-mvc/creating-an-entity-framework-data-model-for-an-asp-net-mvc-application , SchoolContext is not database . You create this class by deriving from the System.Data.Entity.DbContext class. In your code

you specify which entities are included in the data model. You can also customize certain Entity Framework behavior. In this project, the

class is named SchoolContext.

There's also a Web.config file is in the Views subfolder that you don't need to update.)

<add name="SchoolContext" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDb)\v11.0;Initial Catalog=ContosoUniversity;Integrated 

Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\ContosoUniversity.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> 

The “ContosoUniversity.mdf” is database which you want to find.

I hope it helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 6:02 AM