none
MSDIA 140 redist?

Question

• In previous versions of visual studio MSDIA was in the redist list

2013 -> https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/mt639550

Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\DIA SDK\bin\msdia120.dll 
    Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\DIA SDK\bin\amd64\msdia120.dll 
    Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\DIA SDK\bin\arm\msdia120.dll

In VS 2015 redist these files are no longer listed yet you can download them in the runtime redist.

Redist List

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/2015-redistribution-vs.aspx

Can these files get added back to the list? 

Friday, July 08, 2016 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark.Levis,

According to the document that you provided, there MSDIA indeed not be listed. And it mentioned that "Subject to the License Terms for the software, you may copy and distribute with your program any of the files within the folders listed below. You may not modify these files".

So I'm afraid that we could not add these files back to the list. If any idea for this feature in Visual Studio 2015, I suggest you submit your thoughts to Visual Studio User Voice. Then share the feedback link here which can let other communities who has the same requirement.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:32 AM
  • Hi Mark.Levis,

According to the document, it is not listed in both document and current C++ Runtime files, I think it should be a design for C++ Runtime files.

But since this is related to C++ Runtime files, I still suggest you submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect, the C++ Team experts will treat this issue seriously and they will explain why it is removed now.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark.Levis

Thank you for posting your question here.

Based on my search.  Your issue is related to Visual Studio General Forum. For the better support, I will move the thread to Visual Studio General Forum.

The Visual C++ forum discuss and ask questions about the Visual C++ IDE, libraries, samples, tools, setup, and Windows programming using MFC and ATL.

I hope you can understand me.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:37 AM
  • Hi Mark.Levis,

According to your description, you mean the msdia140.dll is not listed under below paths, is it right?

Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\DIA SDK\bin\msdia140.dll 
    Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\DIA SDK\bin\amd64\msdia140.dll 
    Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\DIA SDK\bin\arm\msdia140.dll

I checked my Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise with Update 2 installation path, I found the msdia140.dll is listed in above paths.

Please tell us which version of Visual Studio 2015 do you use and please check whether you have installed all C++ development related tools.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, July 11, 2016 9:51 AM
  • No they are put down in that path but they are removed from the redistribution list where previous versions up to VS2013 were in the redistribution list. We want to update our product to use the latest version of msdia but without it being redistributable we can not. 

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/2015-redistribution-vs.aspx

Can these files get added back to the list? 

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:40 PM
  • MSDIA has shipped with the VC redist and is for reading pdb's therefore I think this is a good area for the question as well. 

Either works. Thanks

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:46 PM
  • Hi Mark.Levis,

According to the document that you provided, there MSDIA indeed not be listed. And it mentioned that "Subject to the License Terms for the software, you may copy and distribute with your program any of the files within the folders listed below. You may not modify these files".

So I'm afraid that we could not add these files back to the list. If any idea for this feature in Visual Studio 2015, I suggest you submit your thoughts to Visual Studio User Voice. Then share the feedback link here which can let other communities who has the same requirement.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:32 AM
  • They were redistributable in in previous versions. Are the specifically removed now or was this an mistake?

Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:37 AM
  • Hi Mark.Levis,

According to the document, it is not listed in both document and current C++ Runtime files, I think it should be a design for C++ Runtime files.

But since this is related to C++ Runtime files, I still suggest you submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect, the C++ Team experts will treat this issue seriously and they will explain why it is removed now.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:30 AM