none
Can't open Visual Studio "Project -> Properties" (VS 2015)

Question

• In some of my projects I cannot open "Project -> Properties", it should pop up, but when I click on it I get an error saying:

"The imported project "C:\Users....\props\myCustomSettings.props" was not found...."

Therefore I am pretty sure the error is because of "myCustomSettings.props" which I have made myself. I was just testing and deleted the folder "props" with "myCustomSettings.props" inside it very quick after I made it. However now some of my projects is linked to this props-file even though I didn't link any projects to it myself.

I was wondering how I can un-import this props-file, or if it could be anything else that is causing this error?

Thanks for answers.   

Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The Visual C++ project system is based on MSBuild and the values are stored in the XML project file, default .props and .targets files that (for Visual Studio 2015) are located in <drive>\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140 and in custom .props files that you might add. We highly recommend that you use NOT edit those files manually.

Please check the String Value like the following screenshots:

If the issue persists, please provide your detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:13 AM