none
codepage for Flatfile to EDIFACT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have two Mappings. The first one is Flatfile1 to Flatfile2. The second Mapping Flatfile2 to EDIFACT (target schema from first mapping is source schema for the second mapping). the source flatfile cotnains special german characters like äöü etc.

In the first Mapping i am using codepage Western-European 1252 for Source and Target schema. All the special characters in the targetfile are correctly displayed. When I use this targetfile as the source file for the second mapping (Flatfile to EDIFACT) the special characters are displayed as garbage in the EDIFACT file.

Can anybody give me an idea how I have to set the codepages in the schemas that all the special character are displayed correctly in the EDIFACT file?

Klaus Weber
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Klaus,

Open the EDI Properties on the party. Go to "UNB Segment Definition" under "Party as Interchange Receiver" and  set the UNB1.1 to "UNOC" and UNB1.2 to "3" on the party. The UNOC 3 equals ISO-8859-1 and Western-European 1252 codepage.  

This should fix your problem.

Best regards 

Rasmus Jaeger

• Marked as answer by KWeber Friday, May 7, 2010 2:38 PM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Klaus,

Open the EDI Properties on the party. Go to "UNB Segment Definition" under "Party as Interchange Receiver" and  set the UNB1.1 to "UNOC" and UNB1.2 to "3" on the party. The UNOC 3 equals ISO-8859-1 and Western-European 1252 codepage.  

This should fix your problem.

Best regards 

Rasmus Jaeger

• Marked as answer by KWeber Friday, May 7, 2010 2:38 PM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Hi Rasmus

Thanks for your answer. Now it works. The problem is that if you test it in VS 2005 (even with UNOC character Set) it does not work. Therfore you never know what is right or wrong :)

Regards

Klaus Weber
    Friday, May 7, 2010 2:38 PM