none
How to Parameterise the file path for Azure Blob Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We daily get the files in our blob in dynamic date format (eg: 20190325-Filename.txt).

We have a requirement wherein we have to copy the file from 1 folder to another folder within the blob,thereby having a need of dynamic file path name

ADF v2 allows dynamic value based on getdate() but we have a requirement wherein we want to copy the file for a date which is an output of a stored procedure(look up activity) as shown below

So we basically want to parameterise the blob path file name based on the lookup activity output rather than static getdate value. So is there any way by which we could achieve the requirement?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, March 25, 2019 11:16 AM

Answers

• The Lookup activity (and most other activities) have an 'output' property.

Here I use the output of my own Lookup activity ("SELECT TOP 1 date FROM mytable") to populate a variable:

Monday, March 25, 2019 7:32 PM

All replies

• The Lookup activity (and most other activities) have an 'output' property.

Here I use the output of my own Lookup activity ("SELECT TOP 1 date FROM mytable") to populate a variable:

Monday, March 25, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Hello Martin,

Thank you for the response.

Actually I had also tried the same approach,but was getting an error /warning as below:

But after your reply tried running the pipeline with the warning and it succeeded. So seems to be some bug in ADF.

Any ways, thanks for your response as it was very helpful to proceed.

Monday, April 1, 2019 5:49 AM