Entity Framework , Persistence Ignorance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

With  Model first Approach using Entity Framework designer , i have created mu Model classes , from there database got created with EDMX.

Question is using POCO T4 templates , we can make our Data Access Layer classes to be Persisntence Ignore.

Can we make the POCO classes to be derived from Interfaces , so that my Business layer and Data Access Layer are derived from same Interfaces?

Thanks,

Prasanna

Monday, June 11, 2012 7:44 AM

Answers

• You can either modify the T4 templates or you can have your partial classes implement the interfaces.
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_MSDN Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_MSDN Monday, June 18, 2012 2:26 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Hi Lakshmi Prasanna,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Please open you Model.tt file, look for this line:

foreach (var entity in ItemCollection.GetItems<EntityType>().OrderBy(e => e.Name))

and then looking for this line:

<#=Accessibility.ForType(entity)#> <#=code.SpaceAfter(code.AbstractOption(entity))#>partial class <#=code.Escape(entity)#><#=code.StringBefore(" : ", code.Escape(entity.BaseType))#>

If you have an interface named 'ITest', add it after the code as below.

<#=Accessibility.ForType(entity)#> <#=code.SpaceAfter(code.AbstractOption(entity))#>partial class <#=code.Escape(entity)#><#=code.StringBefore(" : ", code.Escape(entity.BaseType))#>:ITest

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:47 AM

All replies

• You can either modify the T4 templates or you can have your partial classes implement the interfaces.
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_MSDN Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:46 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 6:24 PM
  • can you suggest or refer material , where i shows how to make my POCO classes inhertited from Interfaces , by changing T4 templates.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:29 AM
  • Hi Lakshmi Prasanna,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Please open you Model.tt file, look for this line:

foreach (var entity in ItemCollection.GetItems<EntityType>().OrderBy(e => e.Name))

and then looking for this line:

<#=Accessibility.ForType(entity)#> <#=code.SpaceAfter(code.AbstractOption(entity))#>partial class <#=code.Escape(entity)#><#=code.StringBefore(" : ", code.Escape(entity.BaseType))#>

If you have an interface named 'ITest', add it after the code as below.

<#=Accessibility.ForType(entity)#> <#=code.SpaceAfter(code.AbstractOption(entity))#>partial class <#=code.Escape(entity)#><#=code.StringBefore(" : ", code.Escape(entity.BaseType))#>:ITest

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:47 AM