none
visual Basic or C# for Cross Platform?

Question

• It has been a very long time since I have done any programming.  I am trying to develop an app to keep track of records for a girls group at church.

I was planning to start with Visual Basic and maybe later move to c# because I only dabbled with C before and it might be easier to get back into programming with basic.  However, if I want to create the app as  across platform app, do I need to use C# instead of VB?

<object id="kpm_plugin" type="application/x-KPMPlugin"></object>

• Edited by shalom222 Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:03 AM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi shalom,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For you question, you could develop Cross-Platform program both in C# and VB.

In essence, both language are the same after compiling, the only difference is about the grammar.

You could choose the one you are good at for a better development experience.

Meanwhile, If you want to learn more about cross platform development, you could refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771552.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi shalom,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For you question, you could develop Cross-Platform program both in C# and VB.

In essence, both language are the same after compiling, the only difference is about the grammar.

You could choose the one you are good at for a better development experience.

Meanwhile, If you want to learn more about cross platform development, you could refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771552.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Thank you very much for the answer and for the link. I will check it out.
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Hi shalom,

I'm willing to help you solve the question.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

Friday, May 27, 2016 2:12 AM