none
Unmanaged app freezes on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an unmanaged app (written in Delphi 7) which uses a managed .net 2.0 dll via COM Interop. In Windows 10 1511, the unmanaged app locks up when a call to managed dll is made. After debugging inside the managed dll, I found that the place it is locking up is when a call to XmlDocument SelectSingleNode (with Xpath) method is made. There are no exceptions thrown at all!! Yes, I have checked that several times using the try/catch clause around that call.

I have done all windows updates and that still makes no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:48 AM

All replies

• Dear Ash,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Our forum is to discuss the .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, according to your description, it looks like your issue is more related with the Delphi 7.

The unmanaged app was locked up after it used a managed .net 2.0 dll, could you please have a try with create a new app that also used the same managed .net 2.0 dll on other computer, if this new app can work fine, which means the setup of the .net 2.0 is fine and I recommend you raise this issue on the Delphi 7 forum: http://www.programmingforums.org/forum41.html for dedicated information, I think they will provide more professional support about the app that created in Delphi.

Sorry for this inconvenient and thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:59 AM