How to set FTP to a Azure Cloud Service or Azure storage? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    We are new to Windows azure and I would like to know whether we can setup FTP accounts for a azure cloud service so that we can upload files via ftp clients like filezilla?
    Please let me know how and whether it is recommended or not? Because I have read at some places that files uploaded via ftp are deleted once the azure instance is refreshed which I actually didn’t understand by the word refreshed.
    Similarly can we create FTP for Windows Azure Storage as well so that we can upload blob files directly via FTP?
    Please help.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Azure Cloud Service may  contain one or more instances to keep SLA or balance more requests. If we use cloud service, we cannot guarantee  the instance files will not lose, and upload files to azure cloud service instance by ftp is not recommended (files will disappear, not sure which instance would be the target). Thus, we always use azure storage or azure SQL to save our data.
    From my research, we can use ftp to access azure storage blob. Refer to http://ftp2azure.codeplex.com/ for more information.
    By the way, we can use Windows Azure Storage Explorer to do some simple uploads.
    Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:04 AM