SSRS Parameter Loading Slowness RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue that, while clicking an SSRS report, its parameter loading takes up to 1min. Is there any valid solution for this issue?

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:28 AM

All replies

• How do you get the parameters values? From the query?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

• Marked as answer by vsvijesh4 Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by vsvijesh4 Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:40 AM
  • Hi,

Nop. I just checked with a report which have only one parameter 'Current Date'. It is a date field, which providing  date value as input. This report takes 30 sec to display the parameter section.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Hi vsvijesh4,

How about the parameter performance from the SSDT and from the Report Manager? And what about the rendering speed of other reports with one parameter? 

You could try to set a default value for the parameter. It is advised to set default values for each parameter; it is also better if the default values are values for which the report will be executed most of the time. If all the parameters have a default value set, then the report will be executed when previewed. See SQL Server Reporting Services Best Practices for Performance and Maintenance.

Best Regards,

Henry 

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Monday, October 9, 2017 1:19 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by vsvijesh4 Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:46 AM
  • I am also experiencing this. I have found that if I create a shortcut direct to the report, the report loads quickly ready for parameter input, but if I navigate to the report from within SSRS, I'll be waiting 30+ seconds just to get to the point where I can input parameters. I can't work out why this would be the case!
    Friday, November 10, 2017 11:21 AM