How to Load a Crystal Report from a Server PC? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1390819402 posted

I want to load a crystal report file from a server computer into client computer. So that i no need to copy the crystal report file in each client computer. How to load a crystal report file from a server computer ?

Platform : Visual Studio 2008, C#

Thanks in advance !

Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:50 AM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

hi Hari,

I do not seem to understand your question well. Do you want you client to just "view" your reports? If this is the case, you just have to install Crystal Report on the server.

If you want each of your clients to view the reports locally, Crystal Report will then need to be installed on each of your client computer 

Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:57 PM
  • User-1390819402 posted

Thanks for ur reply !!

I have a server and a windows application...

I need the crystal report file to be placed in server and how the windows application which runs from a different computer will access or load the crystal report from the server ?

For loading a crystal report from Local computer we use

CrystalReport.Load("Local System Path");

So whats the syntax for loading a crystal report from a server ?

Saturday, January 7, 2012 12:01 AM
  • User1114380170 posted

Hi 
    I have the same issue , my asp.net web application works on localhost,but does not work on web server 2008. any suggestions please .... urgent.. thanks in advance ....

what i have tried so far...

1) my web application made on 32-bit windows ...

2) i would like to deploy on 64-bit .... so i have installed 64 bit run time for crystal report 13.0.2000.0 .

3) my web application is working but the crystal report pages are empty ...

4)one more thing ... when i published my web folder i found the package folder doesnot have any .rpt file .

5)i have copied one of the .rpt file manually but still no sign for crystalreportviwer on web page ...

please help my email is mbassi2010@hotmail.com

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:49 PM