3 weeks to publish.. still not there. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I submitted an update to my app as I found it was running vslow on some devices.

Two weeks later my app gets failed for not asking to pause the music on startup.

Something which the free version and previous versions passed on.

I fixed this and resubmitted my app within a day or two and now over a week later still waiting.

So I would ask that Microsoft chuck some more people at this to make the process faster.

Its very frustrating that I cannot get a fix through to my users in days... it seems like it will now take about 1month.

/QicCoding

• Edited by Qic Coding Monday, August 27, 2012 1:12 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 1:11 PM

All replies

• Well... perhaps it really may take a month.

I submitted me too on August 1st, I failed cert for a very minor thing on August 8 (or 9, don't remember) and next day I fixed it and resubmitted. Since then, there have passed more than 17 days and nothing. There is almost anything you can do about it except submitting a support ticket hopping to get help.

Otherwise, you will have to wait.

Monday, August 27, 2012 1:29 PM
  • I think they're just having trouble with their new certification process.

I submitted the paid version of my app almost a week after submitting the update to the free version. That free version (incase anyone reading can do anything it's http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/607cf1b1-146d-4b8f-ac3c-64ca317e5e03) has easily been in the certification process for over 2 weeks by now.

My guess is the paid version was submitted late enough to be in the new certification process. If so, it sucks they don't reboot the apps that didn't get properly put in the new process.

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Hi all,

This issue has also been brought up in other threads. Our certification team is working through a backlog of submissions, which is why you're seeing large delays in the turnaround time. We really apologize for this and are working as quickly as we can to get back to standard certification times.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:42 AM
  • Hi all,

This issue has also been brought up in other threads. Our certification team is working through a backlog of submissions, which is why you're seeing large delays in the turnaround time. We really apologize for this and are working as quickly as we can to get back to standard certification times.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Hi Danny,

we understand that you might have problems with the certification process. It is OK. Microsoft tries to give a better, easier and maybe more stable platform to the developers.

What we really don't understand (at least my personal opinion) are the following:

1) Why does MS not giving an estimate of when the apps will be certified? I have mine and is stuck for 1 month now. Will I wait a month more? Shouldn't I know it?

2) MS is totally slow in answering emails. I submitted a support ticket they answered me that my app should pass cert by 8/24/2012. If my app isn't tested at that time, I should send an email reply for investigation. I have sent one. Still waiting...

3) How is it possible for MS to deploy new updates without first testing them?

4) We pay for a yearly subscription around $75 and we loose months waiting to be certified because of the MS problems. This doesn't seem fair for the developer that paid. Will MS compensate it somehow (extending subscriptions)? No... I don't thing so.

We will really appreciate it if MS can give answers to these questions.

Thank you

Efthymios Kalyviotis

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:41 AM
  • It would be cool if we could at least know how far behind in the queue we are. Something in the dashboard like "There are 173 apps to be tested before yours". And a frecuent update to this number. So we could check it from time to time and see how the queue progress.

Lucas D. Luengo

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:34 PM
  • Yes this issue has been brought up in multiple threads, and rightly so in my opinion.

---------------

I do also like this idea of your position in the queue.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:52 PM
  • @Lucas

This will be impossible for MS to do it. Not because they can't, but because giving such information to the end user will be horrible for them. For example: Imagine that today they didn't test not even 1 application for certification because they might had technical problems. Giving such info to the end user (of not certifying apps today) will take the round of the world within an hour having negative feedback for them.

From my point of view, the solution is very simple. While the application is in progress to get certified, they could display a simple number which will represent the estimated days needed for the application to be certified. This number could be recalculated and updated every night depending on how may applications are in the queue and in which position. eg. Entering my app details page to see if it has been certified, it could be writing...

ECT (Estimated Certification Time): 3.5 bussiness days

So simple!!!

Efthymios Kalyviotis

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:26 PM
  • It wouldn't be horrible for me. I'd rather know that all testing is suspended for technical problems, that knowing nothing at all. In fact, I think that not knowing pushes me more to give negative feedback, than ther other way.

I wouldn't be posting in the forums if I'd have precise information of my app certification.

You gave tha idea of adding a status message to the queue. Something like: "There are 173 apps to be tested before yours. Sorry for the delay. We're migrating our platform". Or even: "There are 173 apps to be tested before yours. Sorry for the delay. 3 of our testers caught the flu and didn't report to work today".

At least that way I wouldn't have to ask "WHAT'S GOING ON WITH MY APP!?!?!?"

And by the way, your idea isn't bad at all. But I'd feel better seeing the progress (the counter descending).

Lucas D. Luengo

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Mine is in it's 7th day. I really need it to get published before September. I really hope they can make it much faster.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:13 AM
  • @NemOry

First come, first served... That must be the idea... I am waiting almost a month now :/

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:26 AM
  • I have submitted the iOS version to the AppStore and just approved. The WP version (even submitted first) still not making it. 10 days already... Please FIX ASAP!

Regards

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:22 PM
  • The previous certification delays have been resolved.

• Proposed as answer by Danny G. - MS Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:11 AM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:11 AM