XAML - ListView DoubleTapped Catastrophic failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I get a Catastrophic failure when a ListViews ItemSource - ObservableCollection gets loaded with less items, when using a Double Tap event. Now a wrote a very simple example of this, and I still get the same error.

This is a Windows 8.1 Store Application.

Simple Example: If I have 6 items in the listview, and I double tap item number 3. Then the ListView rebinds with 4 items. This works perfect.

But if I double tap item number 5 or 6 I get a Catastrophic failure.

Code:

<ListView x:Name="myListView" DoubleTapped="myListView_DoubleTapped" />

public MainPage()
        {
            this.InitializeComponent();

List<string> list1 = new List<string>();

list1.Add("item1");
            list1.Add("item2");
            list1.Add("item3");
            list1.Add("item4");
            list1.Add("item5");
            list1.Add("item6");

myListView.ItemsSource = list1;
        }

private void myListView_DoubleTapped(object sender, DoubleTappedRoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            List<string> list2 = new List<string>();

list2.Add("OterhItem1");
            list2.Add("OterhItem2");
            list2.Add("OterhItem3");
            list2.Add("OterhItem4");

myListView.ItemsSource = list2;
        }

Update: I tried the same but with only a Tapped event, and it works fine. So it looks like this only happens with the doubletapped event.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:13 AM

Answers

• Hi ForgottenExile,

Sorry, I cannot reproduce the issue you are facing, everything just works fine by your code, I double clicked on item5 and item6, the listview rebind with 4 items without any catastrophic failure.

Could you validate this again on another machine or create a new project for testing this issue?

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:53 AM