shiplocname

address

city, st

zip

tbl_Product

productname

productno

serialnocolor

tbl_orderShiploc (joins a shipping location to an order, many to many)

orderid

shiplocid

tbl_orderproduct ((joins a product to an order, many to many))

orderid

productid

qty

My question comes down to how to group in access so that all shipping locations for an order will show under the order information header and all products will show under the product information header. If I just do shipping location or product, it groups it togehter, but as soon as I add another grouping, it alternates between shipping location and product. I need them all in one group. Would it be using the detail section? or footers?

I had this done with subforms that grouped the info, but it wouldnt grow dynamically based on the number of rows like in a report.

the cutomer information will be just one customer per order and ship date/cost comments, will show in footer

I just need the shipping location and product informtion sections to group  the records in the  many to many tables and have the section grow based on the number of records.

Customer  

Name:  «First_Name» «Customer_Name»                                              Phone: «Phone»                                                         

Service Address:  «Address»                                                       City:       «City»                                   Zip:  «Zip»                          

User

¨  User A           

¨  User B

Order   Information

Order No: ____

Shipping   Location

Address

City,   St

Zip

SHipLocName

Address

City/St

Zip

Product   Information

Product

Product   No:

Serial   No

Qty

Product name

Prod No

Serial No

Qty

Information:  

Ship Date:                                           AM / PM                            

Shipping Cost:                                                  

COMMENTS

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 4:03 AM

Answers

• The sorting and grouping mechanism of a report is hierarchical.  Consequently, as you've found out you cannot achieve the results you want in a single report.  The solution is to use separate subreports for the shipping location and product information.

You say that you've already achieved your objective with subforms, so you need to replicate this with subreports.  The CanGrow property of the subreport control  in the parent report, and of the relevant sections in the subreport itself should be set to True (Yes).

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

• Marked as answer by JHarding08 Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:52 AM