Blank Screens after having deleted screens RRS feed

• Question

• I created some screens associated with a project, didn't like them, and deleted all the screens, meaning to start over with the screen creation process. Now, when I create screens in this project, they don't show up in test mode...I just get a blank screen with "Menu" on the left and a greyed out "Design Screen" in the upper righthand corner, but none of my controls or layout show up.

This has happened before, when I had Beta2 installed, but I just started a new project and everything was good. That's not a good long term strategy though, so I'd like to figure out how to fix this. Perhaps some screen related files didn't get deleted and need to be deleted by hand? How might I go about determining the right course of action?

Thanks

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are the screens that you are creating based on the "Details Screen" template? Details screens don't appear in the Navigation menu and can only be launched from another screen. I just tested and if an application has only Detail screens I see the same result you're describing.

Hope this helps,

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the V-Bee
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the screens that you are creating based on the "Details Screen" template? Details screens don't appear in the Navigation menu and can only be launched from another screen. I just tested and if an application has only Detail screens I see the same result you're describing.

Hope this helps,

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the V-Bee
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:07 PM
  • Don't forget to set one as your start up screen in the project's properties (under Screen Navigation I think).
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:14 PM
  • Ooooooh. Yes, I started over by creating the detail screens. Easy Fix. I like that. Thank you very much.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:26 PM