none
Driver installation error code 37 setupdev.log saying CM_PROB_FAILED_DRIVER_ENTRY RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have developed a WDF driver and trying to install the same on my Windows 7 embedded OS. However the installation is failing with error code 37 . Upon investigation of setupdev.log i found that the error is CM_PROB_FAILED_DRIVER_ENTRY.

I recently re installed my OS and since then i am seeing this problem. ON the earlier build there were no issues.

I am using WDF coinstaller file WDFCoinstaller01011.dll and i am specifying KMDF version as 1.11 in my  .inf file. But i am not aware what is the current KMDF version on my OS. 

I ran Wdfverifier tool from WDK kit, and it was showing that KMDF version is 1.9. I changed this version in .inf file also changed appropriate coinstaller file. But this didn;t fix the issue. 

Could somebody point me to the error area?

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:58 PM

All replies

• Post your INF. are you properly adding the wdf coinstaller into the coinstaller section of the INF?  referencing the coinstaller alone is not enough, it needs to be wired into the INF properly

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Did you check the compatibility, probably update of Windows can't allow you to install driver?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi all,

I figured out the problem. My target OS didn't have KMDF framework version 1.11. I downloaded it and installed this update and things started to fly.

Thanks for all the replies.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:51 AM
  • highly doubtful. if he is not using the inbox version of WDF, it is 99% certain he is not installing the new version of WDF properly (through proper referencing of the coinstaller in  the INF)

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Doron,

I am referencing "wdfconistaller01011.wdf" in my .inf file. Also i downloaded the package KMDF-1.11-Win-6.1-x86.msu from Microsoft and i installed that pacakge. Then my driver started installing.

Is the above fix proper or there is something missing ?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:05 AM