none
How to reset the numbering of frames. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using SDK 1.8. I internalize the device capture skeleton data then shut it down. I am watching the frame numbering and I noticed that the number of frames continues counting up although I am closing my application. It only resets to 0 when I plug the kinect device out of the USB port.

Do you have any explanation please?

Friday, February 27, 2015 10:49 AM

Answers

• It is a reference time and has not definition. It is just a timestamp value you can use you can use to ensure data is coming in at a certain frequency. If you want timestamps relative to zero, then on the first frame record that value and subtract from each frame after that.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:30 PM
  • Kinect provides frames at 30fps, but if using the higher resolution color it drops down(see documentation).

System performance can affect framerate, it may be an issue of application performance but if you are running several devices on the same USB2 host controller that can affect data throughput as well.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, March 2, 2015 8:44 PM

All replies

• It is a reference time and has not definition. It is just a timestamp value you can use you can use to ensure data is coming in at a certain frequency. If you want timestamps relative to zero, then on the first frame record that value and subtract from each frame after that.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:30 PM
  • Thank you for your prompt reply,

Is there any fixed duration between 2 consecutive values of this timestamps like (33 ms for example to get 30fps) or are there factors related to the host PC and my program affect it?
    Sunday, March 1, 2015 4:20 AM
  • Kinect provides frames at 30fps, but if using the higher resolution color it drops down(see documentation).

System performance can affect framerate, it may be an issue of application performance but if you are running several devices on the same USB2 host controller that can affect data throughput as well.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, March 2, 2015 8:44 PM