Sooo... .Net 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a "legacy" asp.net 3.5 site that I want to use WF4 on to help visualize super complex rules...

Is that even doable seeing as it's .Net 4?

The server has .net 4.0 installed on it, but in my App I want to Load in (with .Load) the Xaml to fire the rules though.

...or should I be web-servicing it?

Regards,

Steve

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hi, Steve

->"Is that even doable seeing as it's .Net 4?"
    You cannot run WF4 in .NET framework 3.5.  However, the good news is you can deploy WF4 service in a server box installed .Net Framework 4.0. and your Web site calls the WF4 service as WCF services.

Or you can try upgrade your web site to .net 4 from .net 3.5. In this way you can use WF4.0 in your web site directly.

Regards
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve -

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. Can you please add some further details?

Just taking a guess at what you are asking - the WF3 assemblies are still still part of .NET 4 and are available to use.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:33 PM
  • Our site is asp.net 3.5, and I'd like to load in a loose xaml WF4 Workflow Activity to iterate through some complex data rules and output the results in the page.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:48 PM
  • Hi, Steve

->"Is that even doable seeing as it's .Net 4?"
    You cannot run WF4 in .NET framework 3.5.  However, the good news is you can deploy WF4 service in a server box installed .Net Framework 4.0. and your Web site calls the WF4 service as WCF services.

Or you can try upgrade your web site to .net 4 from .net 3.5. In this way you can use WF4.0 in your web site directly.

Regards
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:22 AM
  • I did both :)  Thanks for the help

1) Implimented it as a service

2) Then said f-it and upgraded to 4

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:15 PM