Access subreport value and calculate base on its value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I put textbox and insert subreport in it in my report.(I designed the report with Report Builder).

Every thing is ok, now I want to sum value of subreport with other textboxes value and show the result  in one cell of Tablix. How I can do this?

Saturday, May 30, 2020 3:35 AM

All replies

• There is still no appropriate approach to pass sub-report total to main report in the current version of SSRS. The SSRS model is that parent report data is processed, subreport data is processed, the subreports are rendered, results go back to the parent .I tghink the only workaround that is maintaining the another dataset in main report with aggregate values

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:34 AM
  • Hi Ameneh.Maleki,

I agree with Uri.

You could try to add the fields used to calculate the values in the subreport to the main report extra dataset. Then you can easily calculate the result.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 1, 2020 5:56 AM