none
Setting msExchangeHideFromAddressLists to True is not hiding the mailbox in Global Address List. RRS feed

• Question

• Im using an Application to edit the values of AD and Exchange users. Im trying to hide users by setting msExchangeHideFromAddressLists to "TRUE".

When I update msExchangeHideFromAddressLists attribute and check it on Exchange console the the value is set properly (i.e, the hide from Exchange address list is checked), But  in the address book, Im still able to see that mailbox.

Im facing the issue only with "msExchangeHideFromAddressLists" attribute because when i update the display name using my application, the change is being propagated to the address book.

Ive also noticed that

1)When i directly check the hide from Exchange address list in Exchange Management Console, the address book is updated (i.e, It is hiding the mailbox)

2)When i change the "msExchangeHideFromAddressLists" attribute value through a LDAP browser, the change is not propagated to the address book.

Is there any configuration to be done to address this issue.

• Moved by Sam Wood Saturday, June 4, 2011 9:24 PM Exchange development, not Windows Server Solutions SDK (From:Windows Server Solutions SDK)
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:07 AM