WinJS files not found

Question

• Hello everybody,

I'm developing a Windows 8.1 Store application using WinJS. The problem is when I open an html page referencing WinJS libraries in the Visual Studio editor, I get the following message in the Visual Studio's output window:

11:12:09.2694: Referenced file '\\Microsoft.WinJS.2.0\js\base.js' not found.

11:12:09.2694: Referenced file '\\Microsoft.WinJS.2.0\js\ui.js' not found.

My HTML pages are structured this way:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>   

<meta charset="utf-8" />   

<title>selectSource</title>   

<!-- WinJS references -->   

<link href="//Microsoft.WinJS.2.0/css/ui-light.css" rel="stylesheet" />   

<script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.2.0/js/base.js"></script>   

<script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.2.0/js/ui.js"></script>       

<!-- my app CSS/JS references-->

When I launch my app in debug mode, everything works well, including WinJS treatments. But, I recently submitted my app for certification on the Windows Store, and I get rejected everytime for bugs I can't reproduce in local debug mode. I'm almost sure my application package is not well generated, and I think this is because the "file not found" messages written above.

Could you help me please ? I'm very confused about that, and my application submission process is stuck and I'm not able to reproduce the listed bugs to fix them.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Robert.

Friday, December 13, 2013 10:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

Someone moved your question to this forum, I'm not sure if it is too late to answer your question. Try with following steps to see if this works:

• In the Solution Explorer, expand the References folder, right-click the reference to the pre-release version of Windows 8.1 (e.g. “Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.Preview” or “Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.Preview.RC”), and click Remove.
      • Right-click References again and click Add Reference.
      • In the dialog box, select Windows Library for JavaScript 2.0, and click OK.

More information can be found within this blog: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/archive/2013/10/08/targeting-your-windows-8-1-app-to-the-correct-version-of-winjs-2-0.aspx

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:32 AM