none
Error disassembling EDIFACT file with password specified in UNB segment RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving the error below, when I am trying to disassemble an EDIFACT file, where a password has been specified in the UNB segment (UNB06). If I remove the password, I can disassemble the file without problems. 

Ex:

UNB+UNOC:3+XXXXXXXXXXXXX:14+XXXXXXXXXXXXX:14+130603:1535+0000744753+TEST+XXXXXX++0++0'

An output message of the component "Unknown " in receive pipeline "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.DefaultPipelines.EdiReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" is suspended due to the following error: 
         Error: 1 (Miscellaneous error)
    47: Envelope functionality not supported

Error: 2 (Field level error)
    SegmentID: UNB
    Position in TS: 1
    Data Element ID: 
    Position in Segment: 6
    Data Value: 
    12: Invalid value in data element.
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 1. 

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Answers

• I would also recommend setting up Parties/Agreement, but: if you already has a huge set up where all Party configuration is done elsewhere, you could create a custom Pipeline Component that removes the UNB6 segment (replaces "TEST" with "" in your case) by regular expression etc. and apply this Component in the Decode Stage of your Receive Pipeline, so that it is removed before hitting the EDIDisassemble Component.

Morten la Cour

Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:42 AM

All replies

• Did you specify the password in your party settings?

Glenn Colpaert - MCTS BizTalk Server - Blog : http://blog.codit.eu

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:08 AM
  • No, I have not. Is that really necessary? I have not added a single party through the BizTalk adm console. They are managed in a seperate database, and this has been working like a charm for years. This is the first time that we have experienced that someone is applying a UNB password though.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Unfortunately when there’s a password specified in the UNB section, it’s necessary to add this password to your party settings.

Glenn Colpaert - MCTS BizTalk Server - Blog : http://blog.codit.eu

Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:08 AM
  • I would also recommend setting up Parties/Agreement, but: if you already has a huge set up where all Party configuration is done elsewhere, you could create a custom Pipeline Component that removes the UNB6 segment (replaces "TEST" with "" in your case) by regular expression etc. and apply this Component in the Decode Stage of your Receive Pipeline, so that it is removed before hitting the EDIDisassemble Component.

Morten la Cour

Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:42 AM