Bing OCR Availability for Windows Phone 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a great use for the Bing OCR Control for a Windows Phone 8 app I currently have in the Store. I downloaded the control as instructed at http://www.bing.com/dev/en-us/ocr only to see that it is not supported on Windows Phone 8.

Seeing that it is currently supported in Windows Store applications is it safe to say that I can start building this feature into my Windows Phone 8 app assuming that support for phone is around the corner?

If so, does anyone have an idea when that might be available?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:41 PM

Answers

• We can't comment on unannounced/unreleased features.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:52 PM

All replies

• We can't comment on unannounced/unreleased features.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:52 PM
  • I'm also interested in this feature. Is it possible to at least drop a hint if it's never going to be supported so people know if to look elsewhere?
    Friday, November 15, 2013 7:09 AM
  • I'm interesting too but i don't understand why it's not availlable on Windows Phone !!!

You have Bing Translator that use this component and we can't have it !!!

It's with this political axes that u re windows 8 and windows phone device stay in rear of the other OS !!!!

Thanks

• Edited by DSofts Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:05 AM