Asp.net 4.0 and IIS 6: LDAP Server could not be contacted RRS feed

• Question

• User657329123 posted

Hi there,

I've an application that was configuered to work with ASP.NET 2.0 freamwork on IIS 6, it was able to do LDAP authentication.  I switched it to asp.net 4.0 and now I get a message saying "The server could not be contacted."

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:49 AM

All replies

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi joegreen,

How do you connect to your LDAP server? Do you specify the user name and password?

If not, please specify the specific user to connect to the LDAP server.

On the other hand, please try to use the Basic authentication.

There is a thread that can help you:

# Authenticate with LDAP fails on IIS6 works good on asp.net locally

http://forums.iis.net/p/1175285/1970515.aspx

Thanks

Best Regards              

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:31 PM
  • User657329123 posted

I have a web form with fields - username, Password and Login button. When web form loads, it grabs the username of the user logged in to PC and displays in the username textbox. User has to type their AD password and click on Log in button.

Users from 2 domains will be using this web form.

I do not want to use Basic Autnetication because passwords are sent in clear text. I have another application that does exactly the same but it is configured to work with ASP.NET 2.0 on IIS and it uses Integrated Windows Authentication.  The only difference is ASP.NET works for one domain and I want the new application in ASP.NET 4.0 to work with 2 domains.

Why Integrated Windows Authentication works fine in ASP.NET 2.0 and not in ASP.NET 4.0?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:06 AM
  • User1104055534 posted

Firstly, can you confirm the IIS default page working fine of IIS 6 server?

Secondly, please confirm if "Enable 32-bit in Applications" is True or false? Please keep them identical from ASP.NET 4.0 and your LDAP application.

If the problem still exists, it's complicated and it has been in the scope of paid support since we should not be able to figure out the solution within the forum. We need do further research to find the root cause behind the appearance.

You can submit a service request to Microsoft Support from below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/select/Default.aspx?target=assistance <o:p></o:p>

Thanks&Regards,

gtscdsi

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:16 AM