none
Microsoft Small Basic update? RRS feed

• Question

• 1.How do I check and/or install updates?

2.Why can't I run small basic from  W+R and typing SB.exe?

thanks

Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:25 PM

Answers

• 1. You can check from website is there newer version.

2. SB.exe is not Run Command , but you can use fullpath of SB.exe (  [Your Small Basic Installation Path]\SB.exe ) .

Sorry My Bad English
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 4:38 PM
  • You will have to add the sb.exe path name to the path line in the environment variables tab in Windows. If you still want to do it here is some instruction on how.

In windows XP, right click on my computer and select properties OR click the system icon in the control panel. Click the advanced tab on the properties window, Click the environment variable button in the advanced tab. This opens the Environment Variables window. On the bottom half in the System variables box. Select the "Path" row and click the edit button.  This will open the "Edit System Variable"" window. **BE CAREFUL - PAY ATTENTION** the Variable value box will be highlighted, before you do anything click in that box to un-highlight so you dont erase everything. At the very end of that value enter the following:

;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic

then click OK. Paths must be separated by a semicolon that is why I have a semicolon there.

The C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic is where sb.exe is installed it may be different on your PC.

• Proposed as answer by Pakka Monday, July 5, 2010 5:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Monday, July 5, 2010 6:48 PM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:06 PM

All replies

• 1. You can check from website is there newer version.

2. SB.exe is not Run Command , but you can use fullpath of SB.exe (  [Your Small Basic Installation Path]\SB.exe ) .

Sorry My Bad English
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 4:38 PM
  • 1.http://www.smallbasic.com/  is this the website?

2.thanks for the info

Monday, July 5, 2010 6:40 AM
  • 1. Yes it is.

Sorry My Bad English
    Monday, July 5, 2010 8:53 AM
  • You will have to add the sb.exe path name to the path line in the environment variables tab in Windows. If you still want to do it here is some instruction on how.

In windows XP, right click on my computer and select properties OR click the system icon in the control panel. Click the advanced tab on the properties window, Click the environment variable button in the advanced tab. This opens the Environment Variables window. On the bottom half in the System variables box. Select the "Path" row and click the edit button.  This will open the "Edit System Variable"" window. **BE CAREFUL - PAY ATTENTION** the Variable value box will be highlighted, before you do anything click in that box to un-highlight so you dont erase everything. At the very end of that value enter the following:

;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic

then click OK. Paths must be separated by a semicolon that is why I have a semicolon there.

The C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic is where sb.exe is installed it may be different on your PC.

• Proposed as answer by Pakka Monday, July 5, 2010 5:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Monday, July 5, 2010 6:48 PM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:06 PM