No session suitable for non-metro nor internal business application?

General discussion

• Hi, I've studied the Build session list and I am quite disappointed because they are all just about two things - how to create a Metro application with the focus just for social and "personal" apps and about the overidolized cloud. However, I found nothing suitable for an internal business applications, for a public terminals, kiosk, industrial pcs, the future and innovations on the classic desktop, any hints what will happen with silverlight, wpf, windows forms etc. (are they retired or still still counted as modern technologies?).

Or are my sad findings incorrect?

• Edited by MCCZ Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:23 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:23 PM

All replies

• Keep in mind that people with a desktop / laptop most likely won't use the Metro UI all that much. I'm sure WPF is still the main technology for desktop applications, but in this DP they want to show off metro, so we can only design for that.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:38 PM
  • Not sure at all how much they are planning to invest in non-Metro platforms.

They have publicly stated that the non-touch monitors will be a curiosity soon and that it is not a good idea to create separate UIs for touch and for mouse.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:46 PM