Simulator keeps on loading in visual Studio 2013

General discussion

• When Launching the app using simulator in Visual studio 2013. It keeps on loading. I tried the following options

1) Disconnecting all network connection
    2) Changing the value of fdenychildConnections in registry from 0 to 1
    3) turning on the window features
    4) updating visual studio
    5) deleting obj and bin folders and installing the app at different place
    6) updating ATI drivers

But none of the above worked.Please help with any concrete solution

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikhil,

May I know if the simulator not work only for one app or does not work for all apps?

Probably you can try to open the simulator by visiting your folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Simulator\12.0\", try to run the simulator to see if it can be opened.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:20 AM
  • Hi james

This is happening for all windows store apps. I tries to run the simulator from the above stated path. But emulator keeps on loading. And often it gives the message "Emulator couldn't start because process #### exited". App is getting successfully deployed though.

Thanks

Nikhil Sharma10

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:52 AM
  • Hi Nikhil,

I believe your emulator part of Visual Studio does not install correctly. If the emulator works good, debug app with simulator in VS2013 should be fine.

Probably you should ask experts in this forum:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vssetup. Try with reinstall VS or repair VS should be the solution.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:16 AM
  • Hi

I reinstalled Visual studio 2013. Windows store apps are still not running on simulator. Emulator is doing fine, the problem is with simulator.  It keeps on loading, forever.. 

Nikhil Sharma10

Friday, April 25, 2014 10:22 AM