none
STAND BY LIGHT DOESN'T SWITCH ON RRS feed

• Question

• when I connect the kinect to electricity the stand by light in the right side doesn't switch on and I don't know if it's because I'm doing something Wrong or maybe the kinect or the cable are broken.

anybody can help me?

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:28 PM

All replies

• Standby light? On the sensor the power and privacy light will only illuminate when there is an active application running. On the powered adaptor, you should see a orange light when not connected to a pc which will turn white when connected and working correctly.

Is this a device that was working before or is this the first time using the device with this computer? Have you run the Kinect Configuration Verifier tool in the SDK? You can also download the tool separately and install it on another system to test to ensure it is capable of running Kinect v2.

http://aka.ms/kinectverifier

You can also check the common troubleshooting steps posted here to check issues with your machine: 

Troubleshooting and Common issues guide

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:52 AM
  • I might have a related problem.

I have a kinect2 for windows device, which has worked properly on my pc for the last two months... until last monday.

First, there was no signal at all (and no white light when an application was active).

- checked all connections and power -> OK

- tried all other USB3 ports on the PC -> same result (not working)

- checked if sensor worked at other PC -> OK

- installed new SDK -> some improvement, but new problem

After installing the latest SDK, the device works properly for about 5 s, then is disconnected and connects again, and the cycle continues.

This is also visible in device manager and in the kinect configuration check (FYI: all other checks are 'green')

I have tried all other USB3 ports, but the problem persists.

I have also checked if the 'selective suspension mode' is disabled (yes, it is). 

At the moment, I do not see any other options. Actually, I'm getting a bit frustrated after contacting four helpdesks without finding a solution to the problem. I hope that you can help me! Thanks in advance

Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Professional support is available through: Technical support and type "Kinect for Windows SDK"

As for the issue you are experiencing there are many factors. CPU and bandwidth limiting. What type of system are you running on, does it meet the minimum recommended hardware:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782036.aspx

If it does, and it a more recent CPU, there are settings in the power settings where it can limit the bandwidth on the PCIx bus. Change your Power settings to Disabling PCI Express Settings or run one of the D2D samples from the SDK.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Thanks for the link to technical support. I have submitted a request there.

The strange thing is that it all worked properly untill last monday, so hardware is not the problem. Moreover, the kinect configuration verification returns all green checks, except for 'kinect connected' which switches between red and green. Just to be sure, I will check the PCI settings first thing tomorrow (@work in the Netherlands). 

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:58 PM