no payment since august RRS feed

• Question

• I havent received a payment since august yet  my sales have been consistent, can someone confirm whats happening and if i am going to get a payout this month? username theames82
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:52 AM

Answers

• This has been explained before.

When a user buys an app, depending on how their payments are setup and where they live it can take up to 120 days for MS to actually receive the money. Until MS has the money they cannot pay you.

So, let's say your downloads for the month show that you had 100 downloads of your app at $3.00 each, totaling $300 in sales. You receive 70% of the revenue, leaving you with a total of $210 in expected sales revenue. That's over the $200 threshold so you expect to get that money next month.

However, while downloads are instant, the payments the user makes to MS are not, and can take up to 120 days to complete. In this example, of the 100 downloads let's say 45 of the payments were received within a few days, but the other 55 took weeks or more to complete.

In this case your monthly sales would only be based on the 45 payments that were actually received before the end of the month, totaling $150 and leaving you with $105 total payable revenue for the month. Over the next couple months you would see portions of the remaining 55 downloads added to your totals.

The point here is that it can take up to 120 days for a payment from a paid download to reach MS. The money from those downloads are not applicable to your monthly payout totals until MS receives the payment (which again, can take up to 120 days).

• Edited by Nate Monster Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:25 PM
  • Hi Jerry - the information provided to you is correct. Our commerce team is always active to ensure payouts are provided in a timely manner once you're eligible. The general notion is that if you didn't get a payout, it's likely due to the collected threshold not being hit. In some cases a payment can be delayed if the tax profile or payment information on file for your account returns as invalid. However, you will typically get notified in advance of these conflicts (via e-mail outreach).

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:01 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:01 AM

All replies

• Same for me, I would like to know why too...

IP CAM Controller

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Totally sucks it really needs sorting out this 120 days payment thing its a mess, I can never work out what to expect, with my IOS apps i can pretty much see day by day how much i made and how much to expect at the end of the month, with Windows I cant even bank on there being an actual payment never mind knowing how much it's going to be
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:59 PM
  • This is the same issue as I have. I have not received payments the last 2 months but I have passed the threshold by far. I received payouts every month but the payments stopped after they upgraded/changed apphub.

I have been in contact with support but they say there is nothing they can do. Very frustrating! I also have my app on the App Store and I never experienced payment issues there.

At least when they fail to pay us what is ours they should at least spend the time to give us a answer as to why. That is just my humble opinion

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:54 PM
  • hi,

same problem here. :(
    usually i get the payout at 22nd of a month.
    no payout this month so far...and i am sure that i have passed the payout threshold.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:19 AM
  • Are you also getting paid via paypal?
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:48 AM
  • no, i am getting payed via bank transfer.
    This was no problem until this month.
    Last month payout was a bit low although app sales did not change so it looks like only the 1/2 month of october was payed out.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:26 PM
  • Same issue. I normally get paid once per month via bank transfer to the UK, but for the last two months nothing, even though I HAVE easily passed the threshold.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:02 AM
  • I have received some explanation from support, which is similar to TheAmes's reply above. This is something  new after Auguest and frankly speaking, this is sucks:(

attached below the email replied by support, I'm not sure whether that is true, but when I pay something (online or offline) with my credit card, it doesn't take 15 to 30 days, 2 days top, normally hours, and I don't believe the money take weeks to go to merchant's account.

All revenue share calculations are performed on transactions for which Microsoft is
    able to collect money. The collection time varies depending on the payment
    method. In general, the collection time is:

to 30 days for credit card billing

to 120 days for mobile operator billing

So while apps may
    have been sold, money has not been collected due to billing cycles customers
    have with their MOs, followed in turn by payments the MOs then make to
    Microsoft. This can push the actual payments of apps up to 4 months out.

IP CAM Controller

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Hi Jerry - the information provided to you is correct. Our commerce team is always active to ensure payouts are provided in a timely manner once you're eligible. The general notion is that if you didn't get a payout, it's likely due to the collected threshold not being hit. In some cases a payment can be delayed if the tax profile or payment information on file for your account returns as invalid. However, you will typically get notified in advance of these conflicts (via e-mail outreach).

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:01 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:01 AM
  • Same here. No payment since august to Switzerland via bank transfer. Really not happy with MS.

Jean-Claude

Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Same problem. No payout for last month. Why statistics on Windows 8 Store better? It is possible to see statistics for every day sales.
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Danny, please respond with actual facts and not with a canned answer (especially not 3 times with the same answer on the same page). I am exactly in the same situation as many of the guys here, it's mid December and my last payment was in August. I've passed the threshold at least twice since then. My tax profile is fine, I am getting payments through a bank transfer and I did not received any emails about this.

-- .:: Karios ::. Tetrada Developer (http://bit.ly/bccHQ7)

• Proposed as answer by Gladrap Studio Friday, December 7, 2012 7:41 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Same here.2012 was first year for our company in WP Marketplace.

Received payments:

August, 2012
    July, 2012
    June, 2012
    April, 2012

No more payments from August.

Friday, December 21, 2012 7:02 AM
  • Let's have a count down here, to see when we will get paid until this post is getting very long:)

The weird thing for my case is that I did receive some payment couple days ago, but it's from "CITIBANK EUROPE PLC      MICROSOFT CORP" which is totally different from any previous payments, and my payout report doesn't get updated (shows the last payment is still the one in Aug), so I assume it's not related to WP dev center.

IP CAM Controller

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:23 AM
  • Exactly the same here. Am arbitrary amount payment but not change in App Hub. Something fishy is going on with the system.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:06 PM
  • This has been explained before.

When a user buys an app, depending on how their payments are setup and where they live it can take up to 120 days for MS to actually receive the money. Until MS has the money they cannot pay you.

So, let's say your downloads for the month show that you had 100 downloads of your app at $3.00 each, totaling $300 in sales. You receive 70% of the revenue, leaving you with a total of $210 in expected sales revenue. That's over the $200 threshold so you expect to get that money next month.

However, while downloads are instant, the payments the user makes to MS are not, and can take up to 120 days to complete. In this example, of the 100 downloads let's say 45 of the payments were received within a few days, but the other 55 took weeks or more to complete.

In this case your monthly sales would only be based on the 45 payments that were actually received before the end of the month, totaling $150 and leaving you with $105 total payable revenue for the month. Over the next couple months you would see portions of the remaining 55 downloads added to your totals.

The point here is that it can take up to 120 days for a payment from a paid download to reach MS. The money from those downloads are not applicable to your monthly payout totals until MS receives the payment (which again, can take up to 120 days).

• Edited by Nate Monster Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:25 PM
  • It might be true. But one of the problems here is that we are completely blind here. No report, no progress, not even a number. The download report is not helping at all in this case, the more numbers we seeing in download, the more confusion we have.

Another point is that could you find another "app store" (i.e your competitors) is doing the same way? The google checkout for example, give you real time status update about each order.

Last but not least, we don't even care how the money is collected, but if the money we are spending today is actually what we earned 120 days ago. Consider this is your salary, what kind of job is that?

IP CAM Controller

Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:20 PM
  • "It might be true."

- It's not a 'maybe' situation. This is exactly how it works and exactly why you don't always get paid if you are close to the threshold. Blame 3rd party mobile operators for the delay, not MS. If your mobile operator bills you, it's up to them to get the money to MS once they get it. That takes time.

"Consider this is your salary, what kind of job is that?"

Welcome to the world of self employment and small business income. This is not a salary. If it were, you'd be getting about 35% instead of 70% after taxes, health care, social security, etc. were all taken out of it. Income in the world of self employment is not marked by a consistent paycheck every 2 weeks. You will learn that self employment income is not consistent, never happens on a regular schedule, is rarely what you were expecting, and is almost always delayed. If the missed $200 is going to make or break your month, this is a hobby, not a job.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:46 PM
  • "This is exactly how it works"

-again, don't care. But before August, me like many others received payment monthly without "delay". Maybe this is another "upgrade" from app hub to dev center.

"Welcome to the world of self employment and small business income"

- MS's world. Not apple, not google.

IP CAM Controller

Friday, December 28, 2012 12:31 PM
  • Right. Among all the posts marked as answer or voted as helpful I can't spot the one which explains what happened in/after August.

Just for the records: My dashboard says "Last payment" was in August and "Paid to date" is November and now it's end of December. If there's something we can do on our end to get this working again, I'd really like to know.

Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:52 AM
  • Same here. No payment since august via bank transfer. Really not happy with MS.

www.MxMxM.com

Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Same here as well and I got confirmation from support that I would be included in the December payout. Yet nothing so far.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Same here. Last payment Aug 2012, Paid to date Nov 2012.

It's around 1300$ what I'm waiting for, so it should be well over the threshold.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:37 PM
  • Danny, I understand the whole concept of waiting up to 120 days, however it has been over 120 days now since the last payment was made (Aug-2012). I have consistent paid downloads for my apps every month and I should have accumulated enough funds to get a payment.

Like most others I had a payment in July and August - how come MS received the payment for all the purchases in the month of Jul & Aug within 30 days and they have still not received the payment for the next batch even though over 120 days have passed?

Also like most others, I see that last payment was made in Aug-2012 but Paid-to-date is Nov-2012 - can you please explain this?

Regards,
    Paras Wadehra
    Twitter: @ParasWadehra

Regards, Paras Wadehra http://twitter.com/ParasWadehra

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:22 AM
  • Same here. Waiting from July - threshold has been passed and 120 days already gone. Support sent standard texts, e.g. "wait, bla-bla-bla". 

+1 to daily payout reports. 

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:56 AM
  • I have opened support ticket and after two days received answer. ________ I am contacting you regarding your payout issue with the Windows Phone Dev Center. Good News! I have reviewed your account and found that you are due to be paid out within the month of January. If you do not receive the payment by the first of February, please contact me again and let me know. ________ Lets hope it's true :)
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:24 PM
  • Good luck! Please keep as posted if you find out if and why you didn't make any money from September to December.

All I got so far was a mail saying "You should get a reply within one business day  [...] Please don't reply to this email" one week ago.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:01 PM
  • I have received a payment today and Dashboard updated "Paid to date" to Decmber 2012. "Last payment" has not been updated yet.
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:26 PM
  • Hmm.

I am still waiting for payment. :(

Total amount by reports still as it was in August :(

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:26 PM
  • I am still waiting for payment since August too .

It's just .... incredible and no news from support ...

Monday, January 28, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Yep, me too. By my own calculations I should have more than $600 due. Even with the delay between sales and the funds clearing I would have passed the $200 payout threshold some time ago.

Developer. Windows 8/RT, Windows Phone, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android.

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Add me to the list: no payout since Aug for Krashlander.

www.farseergames.com

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:27 PM
  • Still nothing. Every week I receive mail from support. Asking me, do you receive payment? Of course NO :)
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:49 PM
  • They eventually got back to me and told me that in the August the payment they made, they had made an effort to catch up with arreas of all those mobile payments, you know the ones that take like 4 months

well they made it sound like they had paid me up to date with them. They did actually pay me considerably more that month then previous months so maybe that is true

i probably been averaging about 200 app sales a month at price tier 1 since then, not a huge amount obviously but would have thought it was enough to warrant a payment at some point in almost 6 months later

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Add another one that has not received a payment since August.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:23 PM
  • Just received email from support. They said our company should have receive payment . Report shows that last payment now January 2013. Good! Only problem is amount is very low for the period of half of the year! :( And because we have no reports which can show what sales exactly included in payment, I cannot find out why the amount is low.
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:54 AM
  • My App Hub got updated with a payment (at last), which is the first since August. It's more than what I would usually get in a month but less than what I estimate I made in the last 4 months (about 1/3). What is going on? Is this about payments clearing again? I think there is a bigger problem here, since it was not only me, this whole thread is filled with people in my position.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:59 PM
  • Hi,

When we can expect the february payout?

Is anyone received payment on february?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:00 PM
  • I am still waiting for September 2012 payment. Nothing since August 2012. Is MS low on cash ? , or is it a way to tell me to focus on iOS, where I receive payment every month. If this is the case, thanks for the advice, I shall follow it.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:43 AM
  • Whatever the explanation of policies are, it would be good to at least supply as much information as Google Play or Apple does. I'd like to see a spreadsheet-like table showing:

1. Country
    2. Date Paid
    3. MSFT or carrier
    4. Credited (bool)

Also, an anticipated payout date whenever the $200 threshold is met (defined as MSFT has $200+ in their bank from any and all sources).

stonetip

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:49 PM
  • Same situation here. Received one payout in July 2012. My apps has made about $400+ USD afterward, but nothing received yet.

Besides, using Microsoft pubcenter as an ads supplier is also a pain. Made about $200+ NZD (threshold is $20), but never received anything.

What are you doing ? - Microsoft.

• Edited by Hongwei Su Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:14 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:12 PM
  • I agree with everyone here. The payment system and reporting is ridiculous, not what I would expect from a "tech leader" like Microsoft. I have not been paid since July 2012, and I have no idea of how much Microsoft has actually "collected" since and when and how much I may or may not be paid!!!!!! I have recently switched my development to the Apple appstore and I love being able to see a daily report of how much I have made/sold and I get paid on a monthly basis. Get with it Microsoft!
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:31 PM
  • Hi, Everyone.

Please submit a support ticket like I did last week, I got paid yesterday!!

I was in the same situation like most people were. Then the support finally got back to me said I was on the pay list and I was paid 1 Feb, but actually I didn't receive any money, then the support guy took care of it(I believe).

So I think they started paying us(developers) from Feb, so if you believe you have earned enough money to be paid, submit a support ticket now.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:29 PM

this guy is retarded,, didn't even realize he pasted the same auto reply 3 times in the same thread, MIROSOFT DOESN'T GIVE A FLYING FU$# ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROBLEM, THEY JUST WANT TO STEEL YOUR MONEY................... im fed up and done with ms, i wont be buying a single ms product, ill be steeling windows from now on just like they are steeling my money, and cant even talk to ppl about it,
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:53 PM
  • this is about as big of a crock as dev center support in general, there is no support, they just want your money. steeling our hard work. maybe if they actually seemed to care, or did anything besides auto respond. 

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:56 PM