none
<faultcode>s:MustUnderstand</faultcode> RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm attempting to stand up a .net WCF service that receives SOAP messages from a Java Web Service.

Everything works fine until security headers are added to the SOAP Envelope. Then  I receive the following error:

<s:Fault>
             <faultcode>s:MustUnderstand</faultcode>
             <faultstring xml:lang="en-US">The header 'Security' from the namespace 'http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd' was not understood by the recipient of this message, causing the message to not be processed.  This error typically indicates that the sender of this message has enabled a communication protocol that the receiver cannot process.  Please ensure that the configuration of the client's binding is consistent with the service's binding.</faultstring>
          </s:Fault>

I've been working at this for days.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Try to look ahead so you're not forced to look behind.

• Edited by Adam_Turner Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

>> I'm attempting to stand up a .net WCF service that receives SOAP messages from a Java Web Service.

Do you mean you create a WCF Service and then consume this service from Java Web Service? So, is Java Web Service a client from WCF Service? How did you generate Java Client and how did you send the request?

>> Everything works fine until security headers are added to the SOAP Envelope

Do you mean you did not change anything at WCF Service side and add security headers from Java client side? If so, you need to change WCF Service side with the same security mode.

>> Please ensure that the configuration of the client's binding is consistent with the service's binding

Per to this error message, the binding are different between WCF Service and Java Client. What are your binding settings at WCF Service and Java Client?

What security do you need for WCF Service?

It would be helpful if you could share us more detail about your steps.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:16 AM