none
VS 2015 Designer Error - The type 'foo' has no property named 'bar'

Question

• I am using a SignatureBoxWrapper control on my WinForm. It has a property 'AllowDigitalSig'. The code compiles and runs fine, but the designer complains The type 'OpenDental.UI.SignatureBoxWrapper' has no property named 'AllowDigitalSig' and so I can't display the WinForm to make changes. But the property is defined. Comments on MSDN Help seem to indicate this is due to a bug in VS. Any suggestions?

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:47 PM

All replies

• "designer complains" means you have build error?

Do you have a machine running VS 2013? Do the same thing there do you have the same issue.

chanmm

chanmm

Friday, January 20, 2017 4:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. No build errors. It compiles and runs fine on VS 2015

By 'designer complains' I mean I cannot view the form in the designer to modify it. I see a warning 'To prevent possible data loss before loading the designer, the following errors must be resolved:

The type 'OpenDental.UI.SignatureBoxWrapper' has no property named 'AllowDigitalSig' 

Same result in VS 2013

On SignatureBoxWrapper I can change

[Category("Property"), Description("Set true if, in this context, you wish to allow providers to digitally sign."), DefaultValue(false)]
            public bool AllowDigitalSig {
    			set {
    				butESign.Visible=true && PrefC.GetBool(PrefName.SignatureAllowDigital);
    			}
    to
    public bool AllowDigitalSig = true

And the problem goes away

Thank you

Friday, January 20, 2017 5:03 PM
  • Hi friend,

If your issue's resolved, you could mark your reply as answer, which will be helpful to others who have the same one.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 1:27 AM