none
Word 2010 shortcuts wont work when a taskpane has the focus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

When a taskpane has the focus (e.g. "Styles")
    (say I can navigate in that taskpane by keyboard)
    then the defined keyboard shortcuts seem to be out of work.

Can anyone confirm this?
    If so, is this behaviour by design?
    Or is this a bug (I think so...)

Thank u in advance and
    Best regards
    dp.

Monday, April 16, 2012 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Doubting Pearl,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.
    I have tried to perform the action you described, however I was unable to reproduce your scenario.
    If the scenario still exists, it will be nice to show me your detailed reproduce steps.

Besides, your problem is more like to be a Word end user issue, if so, I think it is suitable to repost the problem on the Answers forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word
    The experts there are more familiar with the usage of Word and may give you more suggestions or workarounds.

Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Quist

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:13 AM
  • Hi Quist!

Thank u for taking time for my post :)

If u wanna reproduce the issue u should take the following steps (just an example):

1. Start Word 2010
    2. Customassign a keyboard shortcut (say to a macro that does something)
    3. press [Control]+[F] (the navigation pane pops up)
    4. press [TAB] (2 times)
    5. press [ENTER]
    6. press [TAB] (5 times) (now u can navigate in ur doc hierachie by keyboard)

While u r in step 6, word does not response to ur assigned shortcut (that u set up before).

thx in advance and
    Best regards,

dp.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:05 PM
  • Hi Doubting Pearl,

Welcome back.

Followed your steps, I've reproduced the scenario you described. However, as far as I know this is a by design feature.

I’ve wrote a Macro that makes the paragraphs’ alignment style as wdAlignParagraphCenter , and assigned a shortcut (CTRL+L) to it. After I pressed CTRL+L, all paragraphs align center, then I can draw back my action by pressing CTRL+Z.

If I press CTRL+ L after I opened a document and then follow your steps, the pressing of CTRL+ Z will not draw back my action before. Obviously the built-in shortcuts have no differences with user-defined shortcuts when a taskpane has the focus.

Hope this can explain your scenario.

Best Regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:29 AM