none
Is there a way to add a context menu to the "Selection pane" in Word RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to add a context menu to the "Selection pane" in Word, so that right-clicking a shape can give shape name or Id for the context menu event handler?

I am using VSTO and C#. My Application is an application level Add-In.

Regards,

Jon

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hello Jon,

I think it is impossible to customize built-in panes. To work aroud, you may create custom task pane and add context menu.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jon Skaranger Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:38 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Jon,

I think it is impossible to customize built-in panes. To work aroud, you may create custom task pane and add context menu.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jon Skaranger Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:38 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:29 AM
  • Thanks Celeste,

That is what I also thought, I just wanted it confirmed. :)

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Jon

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:38 PM