none
How to migrate a HIPAA 4010 837 app from BTS 2006 (not R2) to BTS 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

We are having an existing hipaa 4010 837P app running on BTS 2006 (not R2), and plan to move it to BTS 2009 installed on a new box with no changes (I mean no 5010 conversion yet).

I’ve converted its source code from VS 2005 to VS 2008 successfully, next I want to deploy it to BTS 2009 and reset all its bindings there. Do you think this migration approach would work? Or do I need to make some changes to its schema and map etc. Can somebody refer a step-by-step article that I can follow through?  Many thanks.

Friday, May 20, 2011 7:57 PM

Answers

• Thank you so much for your response, Kevin. I'm kind of new to hipaa edi but have to maintain our existing 4010 837 app running in BTS 2006 (not r2) and move it to BTS 2009 later on. So please bear with me if I ask some silly questions.

Not sure how to verify if our solution is Covast or not. From the BTS 2006 server, I saw only "Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for HIPAA 3.3" installed.

Although I haven't done the upgrade you talk about. I have been (and currently am involved with) a number of HIPPA BizTalk projects.  I am not sure it this will help you out, but you can take a look at the 2006 HIPPA pages, and see if there is any information on the upgrade path.

http://btsr2hipaa.codeplex.com/

As I stated, you should check that your schemas can interoporate with the NEW EDI/HIPPA adapters (which I don't think they can, but as I stated, I haven't done your exact update)

Monday, May 23, 2011 8:39 PM

All replies

• What processing engine were you using for the 4010 837? Were you using the Covast solution? One thing that I see as a potential problem is that the namespaces might be different which would break all your maps (and we know how time consuming that is with any EDI... not just 837). 

You should open each map and validate that everything is there and bound correctly. You should try to test each map if you have data to pass through them. Because the EDI adapter in 2006 (R2) was significantly different that all other subsequent releases of BizTalk, there is a large potential for Schema/Mapping changes that might effect your solution.

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Thank you so much for your response, Kevin. I'm kind of new to hipaa edi but have to maintain our existing 4010 837 app running in BTS 2006 (not r2) and move it to BTS 2009 later on. So please bear with me if I ask some silly questions.

Not sure how to verify if our solution is Covast or not. From the BTS 2006 server, I saw only "Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for HIPAA 3.3" installed.

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:10 PM

Although I haven't done the upgrade you talk about. I have been (and currently am involved with) a number of HIPPA BizTalk projects.  I am not sure it this will help you out, but you can take a look at the 2006 HIPPA pages, and see if there is any information on the upgrade path.

http://btsr2hipaa.codeplex.com/

As I stated, you should check that your schemas can interoporate with the NEW EDI/HIPPA adapters (which I don't think they can, but as I stated, I haven't done your exact update)

Monday, May 23, 2011 8:39 PM