none
facing problem in porting BSP from WINCE 6.0 to WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a third party BSP working fine on Wince 6.0 (R3) . I am  porting the same to Windows embedded compact 7 . 

Below are the steps which i followed .

1. I copied the existing working BSP(on WInce 6.0) to the Windows embedded compact 7.0 platform path , i,e from Wince6.0/platform/xxxBSP to D:\WINCE700\platform\xxxBSP.

2. Did the changes required  for the BSP to make it work on WEC7 .( Followed the steps mentioned in MSDN documentstion (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/develop/BSP-Porting-Guide-for-Windows-Embedded-Compact-7.aspx)

3. I opened VS 2008 and tried creating OS design with newly modified XXXBSP on WEC7 . But unfortunately i am not able to see the new BSP in BSP list in the platform builder .

4. I also tried to clone the BSP (XXXBSP) . Cloning was successful . and the new cloned BSP was seen in catalog items . But was not visible in the BSP list (both exisiting and cloned) when i try to create new OS design 

Please help

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:13 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the help Prabhu . After doing the changes i am able to see my BSP in OSDesign creation dialog .

Thanks once again

swarna

• Marked as answer by suthakinne Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:18 AM

All replies