send email through a stored procedure using values from table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Not sure where my question should be in sql or SSIS forum.

i have a table like..

source      type        importfilepath                     exportfilepath

BOM          1             c:\import\BOM\BOM.xls         c:\export\BOM\BOM.xls

RTM           1             c:\import\RTM\RTM.xls          c:\export\RTM\RTM.xls 

GSM           2            c:\import\GSM\GSM.xls          c:\exmport\GSM\GSM.xls

i want to use a stored procedure which would send an email attaching the file from the location in table column exportfilepath.

I have an SSIS package with the 3 variables iBom, iRtm, iGsm and these variables would have values either 1 or 0, 1 or 0 and 2 or 0 respectively.

so depending on those values i want to send file when BOM, RTM and GSM have 1,1 and 2 resp. from table above.

can somebody tell me how do i write a script for that which would decide which source is valid and then pass the values from table and send email including the file.

I already have the stored procedure to send email with file attachment for 3 sources but can i do that just in one script?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:21 PM

Answers

• To send the file use the SendMail Task SSIS canned component. There http://dwhanalytics.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/ssis-attach-multiples-files-in-send-mail-task/ you see that property that you need to set off the shredded recordset in the ForEach loop

Arthur My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Eileen Zhao Friday, May 18, 2012 5:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:10 PM

All replies

• I would approach this like follows:

Create an Execute SQL Task to get the data from the table and then pass its result as full resultset to a package variable.

Then shred it in a ForLooop processing each row and passing the needed values to a parametrized SendMail Task (for attachment).

See how you can shred the recordset: http://www.sqlis.com/post/Shredding-a-Recordset.aspx

This way you do not need to script too much.

Arthur My Blog

• Proposed as answer by RamJaddu Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:36 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:31 PM
  • Hello ArthurZ, i am exactly using the same logic from the link you gave in your answer.

I have foreach loop container, storing data from the table in variable dsConfig in execute sql task and have that variable in foreach loop container as a ADO object source variable, mapping source, type, importfilepath and exportfilepath in variablemaaping.

In foreach i have execute sql having script,

declare @source varchar(10)
    select @source = source from softdollardata

If @source = 'BOM'
    select exportfilepath from softdollardata
    where source = 'BOM'

else if @source = 'RTM'
    		where source = 'RTM'

else if @source = 'GSM'
    where source = 'GSM'

else RAISERROR ('There is no error/or no data', 16,1)
    and have a variable exportfilepath in result set. I have one more execute sql task in Foreach to send email and has code.
    Exec [PWOSendDBMail]
    @TableName   ='',
    @Body    ='dataload done with errors. Attached is the error report',  
    @BodyFormat   ='HTML' ,
    @CallerType   = 'Prc',-- Job Level or Procedure Level[JOB/ PRC]
    @CallerName   ='SoftDollarProcess', -- Name of the procedure or Job 
    @FileAttachments = ?
    @ParentPackageName = '',
    @Success   = 'Y'
    I have @FileAttachments = ? coz want to send file so trying to get the value of exportfilepath from parameter mapping

I am getting error for variable dsconfig as Variable "User::dsConfig" does not contain a valid data object

• Edited by JoJo_1 Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:41 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:39 PM
  • To send the file use the SendMail Task SSIS canned component. There http://dwhanalytics.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/ssis-attach-multiples-files-in-send-mail-task/ you see that property that you need to set off the shredded recordset in the ForEach loop

Arthur My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Eileen Zhao Friday, May 18, 2012 5:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:10 PM