Best way to stage data from multiple platforms into Azure SQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a client who needs to have data staged nightly from several data sources (Oracle, SQL Server and Azure db) into a SQL Server platform within Azure PaaS or IaaS (preferably PaaS if possible).

The data movement window is between 7pm and 2am nightly, and the client is anti SSIS and delta loading. What is the best method to get data staged into a secondary copy of the database, but onto the same database platform in SQL Server?

Bandwidth is the major issue so the movement needs to be as minimal as possible.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cameron

Monday, July 3, 2017 1:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Cameron,

>>I've got a client who needs to have data staged nightly from several data sources (Oracle, SQL Server and Azure db) into a SQL Server platform within Azure PaaS or IaaS (preferably PaaS if possible).

If SSIS is not an option here, I’d consider Azure Data Factory. That helps you fetch data from different data sources, pre-process them, then load them into destination database.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:44 AM