none
Reopening file after SMB2 lease break returns STATUS_INVALID PARAMETER RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pool of Centos-7 based SMB clients connected to a share on Windows Server 2012 R2 using SMB 3.0. Here is a typical use case for me:

1) Client 1 opens file A with oplock=lease and lease state = RW.

2) Client 2 comes along and opens the same file A with similar parameter: oplock = lease, lease state= RW

3) Client 1 receives lease break notification, which it acknowledges and its lease state gets downgraded to R

4) Client 1 flushes its write cache and closes file A.

5) Client 2, reads/writes and closes the file.

6) Client 1 tries to open the file again with oplock = lease and lease state = RW. Accoriding to information here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd366158.aspx this should be allowed.

"The algorithm SHOULD allow additional lease state flags on subsequent opens with the same ClientLeaseId to permit upgrading the lease state. The algorithm MUST NOT allow the client to release lease state flags on subsequent opens with the same ClientLeaseId to downgrade the lease state."

7) Server sends STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER to client 1's create/open request. What am I doing wrong?

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Chandrika,
    Thank you for your inquiry about File sharing protocols. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 9:19 PM
  • Hello Chandrika -

Please send me a network trace at 'dochelp at Microsoft.com' to analyze on wire behavior and assist further.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 10:13 PM
  • Hello Chandrika -

We are still waiting to get network trace from you. If this issue stands resolved, please let us know.

Thanks. 

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:41 PM
  • Hello Chandrika -

As we didn't hear back from you, we have closed investigation at our end. If you need any further assistance, please open a new thread on our forum.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:31 PM