none
downloaded Customer Service from template library/storing photo's RRS feed

• Question

• I was assigned to start doing system cleanings through out the state for our clients. they want me to track my activities, determine faults, and report them to maintenance personnel. this database does most of what I want to do. However, there is an option to store photo's and retrieve those photo's when looking at the tickets created. This is a problem.  As I only open one ticket for each board number, I have been storing each store under the board it belongs to in a separate folder such as: C:\Photo\board\Store1, Store2, etc. Some files get up to 30 photo's in them. All files average the same size.  But I am sure there is some degree of BLOB i'm not taking into account. After all I am not the programmer I once was.  Also it won't save the subfolder much less the actual folder that the store starts in?     

How best can I improve this so that I have a functioning model?    I'd like to open the ticket, and click on the link to photo's and be able to flip though them; Making notes on screen.   Photo's are taken with my connected phones.  Photo's range from s/n's to locations though out the retail sites.

I've been working on this since Dec, so far the database is 1.7Gb and the photo's amount 7.7Gb.

The only stupid question is the one not answered. (unknown)

Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you storing the paths to the photos in your database table?

Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:26 PM
  • You might like to take a look at Images.zip in my public databases folder at:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=44CC60D7FEA42912&id=44CC60D7FEA42912!169

Note that if you are using an earlier version of Access you might find that the colour of some form objects such as buttons shows incorrectly and you will need to  amend the form design accordingly.  

If you have difficulty opening the link copy its text (NB, not the link location) and paste it into your browser's address bar.

The zip archive includes 3 files, of varying degrees of complexity, which illustrate how to associate images with records in a database by storing the paths to the image files.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:21 PM