none
Can not see installed TTS Voice RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed both MSpeech_TTS_en-AU-Haley.msi and MSpeech_TTS_en-US-Helen.msi but can see them.

I can only see the default voice of Microsoft Anna.  Is there anyting else you need to do to be able to see these voices besides run the .msi file?

I am on Win7 SP1 64 Bit Home eddition. 

My Code:

Imports

System.Text

Imports

System.Speech.Synthesis

Form Load Routine:

Dim objvoices As ReadOnlyCollection(Of

InstalledVoice) = p_objSynth.GetInstalledVoices(Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture)

Dim objvoiceInformation As

VoiceInfo = objvoices(0).VoiceInfo

For Each tmpvoice As InstalledVoice In

objvoices

objvoiceInformation = tmpvoice.VoiceInfo

cmbInstalled.Items.Add(objvoiceInformation.Name.ToString)  'Display installed voices in combox

Next

I also checked via Speech Properties in control panel. It can only see MS Anna as well.

I am downloading from:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3971

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi

What's happening to you is natural, because your are using System.Speech Namespace that uses the languages that are on your control panel, the language pack you've downloaded is for Microsoft Speech Platform. That is in the Microsoft.Speech Namespace if you have the Microsoft Speech Platform SDK installed. Microsoft Speech Platform is a different technologie, usually used on server platform , but it can be used also in desktop systems like vista or 7 with minor tricks.
    MCP
    Friday, November 11, 2011 3:39 PM