none
Report Viewer 2010: Remote Mode - report not rendering but parameters window loads fine. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having problems running the ReportViewer2010 control in Remote Mode.

I am connecting to a  2008 R2 Report Server from a ASP.NET 3.5 application.

The page initially loads fine, and the parameters window loads correctly too, with the populated drop downs from the report binding correctly. The problem is when I select 'View Report', i see the loading dialog briefly show up, then nothing happens. There is not even a mention of the report being loaded in the RS log files.

Any insight into this?

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I am having problems running the ReportViewer2010 control in Remote Mode.

I am connecting to a  2008 R2 Report Server from a ASP.NET 3.5 application.

The page initially loads fine, and the parameters window loads correctly too, with the populated drop downs from the report binding correctly. The problem is when I select 'View Report', i see the loading dialog briefly show up, then nothing happens. There is not even a mention of the report being loaded in the RS log files.

Any insight into this?

Thanks!

Hi Cbruce80,

I test your scenario in local environment, and the report works normally. Your report initially load fine, we could indicate that the reportserver’s path and reportname you configrate for the ReportViewer is correct. Besides this, I would recommend you follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.    Have a test to your original report on the reportserver to make sure it works correctly.

2.    View the report, and then open the LogFiles to see whether it exist some error, if so please have a check to see which process the error come out, DataRetrieval, TimeProcessing or TimeRendering?

3.    Open the dbo.ExecutionLog2 table to see whether the status is rsSuccess.

4.    If the root cause does not lay in the top three steps, it might be relevant to your web application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Challen Fu

Monday, October 25, 2010 2:11 AM