Infopath Form Fields Formatting RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change the color of the label of a Infopath 2010 Form field which is Yes/No Checkbox Type. So I am trying the color of the label of the form field which is "Service Needed" if requester chooses Yes Checkbox. Therefore the question is to relate Field rules with the label on the form fields. Please help.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Apply conditional formatting on a label is not possible (because it is not a control).

The trick is to use an expression box (calculated field) where you put your label. Then, it is possible to add a rules of condtional formatting on this type of control.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

• Proposed as answer by Jason Li - Canada Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Entan Ming Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:31 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:22 PM
  • I like the idea from Remi and it should be working fine. I also recommend using folders to manage/group different kinds of fields. For example, creating a HiddenFields folder to manager hidden (not displayed directly) fields.

For example:

Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Apply conditional formatting on a label is not possible (because it is not a control).

The trick is to use an expression box (calculated field) where you put your label. Then, it is possible to add a rules of condtional formatting on this type of control.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

• Proposed as answer by Jason Li - Canada Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:15 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:22 PM
  • I like the idea from Remi and it should be working fine. I also recommend using folders to manage/group different kinds of fields. For example, creating a HiddenFields folder to manager hidden (not displayed directly) fields.

For example:

Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:20 AM