none
Office 2003 32Bit On Windows Server2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed Vsto 2003 to many machines and it's fine,

But on windows server2008 Or Windows Server2003 64Bit With Microsoft Office2003 32Bit

It doesn't work and i accept the following exception when opening the word :

"Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418) ...."

I set full trust to word documents and i add msosec.dll from office11 to the assembly cache at caspol,

And the same error i still accept, What is the problem and how can i fix it.

Thnx,
    khalil

Monday, March 24, 2014 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Khalil,

You must grant full trust to the assemblies in the security policy of each end user or computer. Please ensure that the add-in assembly and all the dependent assemblies are given full trust. See the How to: Grant Permissions to Folders and Assemblies article. It describes the required steps for setting the required permissions.

Monday, March 24, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

I didn't find the VSTOProjects

"In the treeview on the left side, expand .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration, expand My Computer, expand Runtime Security Policy, expand User, expand Code Groups, expand All_Code, and then expand VSTOProjects. "

Any suggestions i did add the url of the addin and still not working ? 

Monday, March 24, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Khalil,

I'd recommend reading the article anew. Here is what it states:

If you have not compiled a Visual Studio Tools for Office project before, you will not have the VSTOProjects folder. You can add the new code group to the All_Code root node, or you can compile a Visual Studio Tools for Office project to have the VSTOProjects folder created automatically.

Please make sure that you granted full trust access for all assemblies.

Monday, March 24, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Hello,

Im not on a development machine, it occurred on the deployment machine,

So I have installed the addin on the deployment machine and i did give a full trust for the folder,

but still accepting the error : "Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418) ...."

And this occurred on windows server2008 Or Windows Server2003 64Bit With Microsoft Office2003 32Bit,

But When i install it on Windows Server2003 32Bit With Microsoft Office2003 32Bit It works fine.

How can i resolve it ?

Monday, March 24, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Khalil,

Please take a look at the similar forum thread - Failed to grant permission to execute (Exception from Hresult: 0x80131418). It states the following:

It seems that the assembly does not have Full Trust permissions to load. You can use Assembly Binding Log Viewer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(VS.80).aspx and  identify the location from where the assembly is getting loaded and reason of the assembly load failure. If it is a trust issue, you can follow the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zdc263t0(VS.90).aspx To grant full trust to an assembly or folder.

Also please make sure that you have all the latest updates and service packs installed.

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:15 PM
  • Hi,

The mentioned hot fix at the prev it does seems relate to IE,

Again I did set a fulltrust at the folder but still accepting the same error,

Again it occurred only with office2003 32bit on windows server 2003 or 2008 64bit,

Is there is a bug with vsto 2003 at this system configuration, if not then why it still occurred ?

Thnx,

khalil

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Hello Khalil,

It doesn't matter what application we are talking about. The forum thread describes the same issue.

Could you please specify the Office version including the build number?

Please make sure that you have all the latest updates and service packs installed.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:23 PM