none
Howlong WLK 1.6 Submissions are valid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to Certify our Network driver for 2008-R2 SP1. Should I use WLK 1.6/HCK?

I would like to know How long WLK 1.6 Submissions are valid.

Thanks

Krishna

Krishna

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:08 PM

Answers

• Unless you have a specific dependency on WLK 1.6 (e.g. certifying your driver for Itanium platforms), I'd strongly encourage you to move to WHCK now.

WLK 1.6 can still be used for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2 submissions until 90 days' notice is given.

That is, when there is a decision to retire WLK 1.6, we'll announce it and make it widely known 90 days in advance to give you time to plan accordingly.  The start of that 90-day period has not taken place yet, at this writing.

--svb

Friday, October 12, 2012 2:30 PM

All replies

• Unless you have a specific dependency on WLK 1.6 (e.g. certifying your driver for Itanium platforms), I'd strongly encourage you to move to WHCK now.

WLK 1.6 can still be used for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2 submissions until 90 days' notice is given.

That is, when there is a decision to retire WLK 1.6, we'll announce it and make it widely known 90 days in advance to give you time to plan accordingly.  The start of that 90-day period has not taken place yet, at this writing.

--svb

Friday, October 12, 2012 2:30 PM
  • Thank you Son VoBa.

Krishna

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:23 PM